Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Household Cleaning Tips

I found these tips useful and some I didn't know about! Try some of them and make cleaning a little easier in these busy days ahead :)

Household Cleaning Tips

The holidays are fast approaching...hence my scrambling around to keep up with everything. Here are some cheap and easy household tips-some not so eco-friendly though-to help cut some corners on time!

Use old newspapers to clean mirrors and windows. You'll have a great disposable cleaning rag and be recycling at the same time.

Bathrooms a breeze, make a spray bottle of 1/2 rubbing alcohol & 1/4 soda water. Spray on sink, toilet, tub and flooring everyday before bed and wipe clean with a towel. It's cheap, disinfects, & saves you from scrubbing a ton later!

Cleaning Out the Refrigerator
Briefly clean out trash and bad food each trash day morning. It only takes a few minutes to dump the stuff, and will clear out space to make cleaning easier.
Use baking soda to wipe down the inside of the refrigerator. It scrubs and eliminates odors without damaging surfaces.

Clean the oven while you sleep. Remove tough stains from the bottom of the oven by spreading automatic dishwasher soap or baking soda and covering it with wet towels before you go to bed. Simply wipe clean the next day.

Cleaning Out the Microwave
Bring a cup of water to boil in the microwave, the steam will help loosen dried on particles making them easily wiped away.

I use the product "scrubbing bubbles" on my stovetop if it's dried on mess. It gets greasy gunk gone in no time flat! I spray on, let sit 5 minutes, then use a microfiber cloth to wipe all the gunk away! It's cheap at dollar stores, get the large size generic can for 2 bucks. Finish up with a vinegar rinse to really make it sparkle and to make it food friendly. Works on the outside of fridge, and countertops too!

Speaking of microfiber cloths...Buy a ton of them from the dollar store! Better than flimsy non-biodegradable paper towels, and rewashable! Use them to dust by making a spray of 3/4 lemon juice 1/4 olive oil and briefly spray the cloth. Divide one room into fourths, tackle 1/4, sit and have a cup of coffee. Repeat, and your house will be dusted in less than a couple hours, if it is large like mine. It's easier on the back too! I designate one day to dusting and laundry...and sleeping in if it's a day off!

What can I say about Mr. Clean sponge? It truly works on anything, counters, tubs, tile, Even crummy "supermarket" flooring like I have, supplied by a generous slumlord. As for bad for the environment or non-biodegradable? By the time I am done using it after a few weeks, it's nothing but crumbs...where'd it all go?

I have carpet only in bedrooms. Used to make my life hell, but I went and got one of those 2 foot industrial push brooms, and it takes me longer to move a chair than to sweep 1/4th of a room.

ADailyTarotYahoo

3 comments:

Klara Jones said...

Thanks for the tips I can see that some of them are green cleaning tips which makes me happy not many people know that they could do all of the domestic cleaning only with baking soda and white vinegar :)

Mystic-V said...

I know those were interesting.

Adie said...

Great tips :) I will certainly use those for the microwave. Thanks a lot

Regards Wimbledon cleaning