Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Old Sayings & Lore

triple moon Pictures, Images and Photos


Old Sayings & Lore
To dream of a future husband, go out into the light
of the Full Moon of May and say:
"Moon, Moon, tell unto me
When my true love I shall see.
What fine clothes am I to wear?
How many children shall I bear?
For if my love comes not to me
Dark and dismal my life will be."

Crops sown near a Full Moon will be ready for harvest
a month earlier than crops sown during a waxing Moon.

According to Cornish tin miners, if you put a piece of
tin near an ant hill during the Full Moon of May, it
will turn into silver.

Upon seeing the New Moon, bow to Her and turn over the
coins in your pocket. This will bring you luck in all
your affairs.

To see the future for good or ill, take a mirror
outside. Let the light of the Moon fall on its surface
and gaze into it. Any face appearing will be connected
to your future.

No comments: